Saturday, May 12, 2012

Children of Men.

That's the kind of a movie I want to watch now and then... Well to tell the truth I'm watching it two or three times a year... It's the kind of a movie that makes you really sad and gets you down to earth. Sometimes, especially if you're working a lot and your work is quite routine, that movie awakens you. Every time I finish it, it makes me feel that I'm underappreciating everything and everyone around me. So, I'm quite surprised that the movie didn't get major award like Oscar. Well, who cares, those guys sometimes just don't get. But that's just my humle opinion...


Anyway, that movie in the words of one reviewer, whom I respect, Alex Exler, said the movie is very honest. I can't disagree more. Once people can't give birth anymore, isn't it a worthy idea to die for a single possible idea that there may be a kid... a child, unborn, but a possibility to save humanity from itself?


Those of you who watched the movie, of course may note that it's cinematography is great, especially those long shots that are more evident by the movie's end. Those scenes when they're saving a kid in the fugee's camp, and when a child cries, everything stops... everyone stops in disbelief...


You wanna remember what you are made for, watch that movie. Everything is great about it... Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment