Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Suits (2012)

Well I gotta say that after watching Suits season 2, the character that I like most is... Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman). It's more surprising for me since it has obvious leads: Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht), Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres), and a subtle character Daniel Hardman (David Constable).

Now all of them are main cast except for David Constable, yet I guess it's a matter of time before he becomes one of the
Main cast characters. That's a daring forecast since I have no idea if that comes to life. I like the way his character is being developed as some Phantom Menace. And yes David Constable has that actor's streak where he seems really dangerous without saying a few words. To me he's got that fascinating threatening look. Well I'm a bit off the topic... Louis is the most humane and human-like of the all.

I'm not quite familiar with the true lawyers like Specter or Pearson, but Louis seems more human than they are. They are in fact movie-like created persona, that people want to be and can never become, not to say about Mike Ross - people who basically don't exist. ;) Louis is flawed, Louis is fragile, Louis is intelligent (he does like ballet and opera after all, he's got this strive towards aesthetics), Louis is fighting to become better, Louis is a perfectionist, and he's got a gentle soul.

That may sound to you a bit overrated, or a bit too much about just one characters, but I do find him fascinating. Rick Hoffman does look like Louis. It's great casting and Hoffman looks very solid onscreen. And yes he is repulsing in many ways, yet creators do a great job as to not overplay his nastiness. Louis in fact is complex and enjoyable. We'll how things go for him further. ;)

And of course I think suits are worth watching. It's quite a good show. Even though Louis is my favorite character there, others are good too. That makes it a good show. You may not agree with about most interesting characters in the show, but you'll like the show anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment